Letter of Call for Nomination
Updated Date: 2022-01-03
Dear Fellow Members,
Happy New Year!
We join Toastmasters to learn communication and leadership skills. In each and every meeting, through observing and doing, we sharpen our skills, build our confidence, and transform ourselves to become better selves.
Besides attending meetings regularly, serving as officers not only is an important part of Toastmasters journey but also one of the most effective and rewarding ways for learning.
Members are the foundation of a district. Good district leaders play a very critical role in serving and satisfying members’ need the best way possible, and in bringing our district to continuous success. As we reach the second half of the 2021-2022 term, it is time for us to find our future leaders to ensure the district fulfill the mission and continue to thrive.
As the Chair of the District Leadership Committee, I’d like to invite you all to find, encourage, inspire, motivate and nominate those who are eligible (for eligibility, please see the attachment “Elected Officer Positions”), knowledgeable, and enthusiastic candidates for district election in the coming council meeting on April 28. Of course, you are most welcome to nominate yourself if you meet all requirement and are willing to serve.
For nomination, please fill the attached forms (District Leader Nominating Form, District Leader Agreement and Release Statement, District Leader Biographical Information Form) and submit all the documents to your Division Director or me (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Jan. 23.
Your participation and support is important and appreciated. Together, let’s find the most appropriate and the best candidates to serve in the 2022-2023 term for our district.
Grace Shih, DTM
Chair, District Leadership Committee 2021-2022
The committee must verify that candidates meet the eligibility requirements. No prospective candidate can be nominated until they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- At the time of taking office, the District Director must have served at least six consecutive months as Club President and at least 12 consecutive months as a Program Quality Director, Club Growth Director, Division Director, or a combination of these.
- At the time of taking office, the Program Quality Director must have served at least six consecutive months as Club President and at least 12 consecutive months as a Program Quality Director, a Club Growth Director, a Division Director, an Area Director, or a combination of these.
- At the time of taking office, the Club Growth Director must have served at least six consecutive months as Club President and at least 12 consecutive months as a Program Quality Director, a Club Growth Director, a Division Director, an Area Director, or a combination of these.
- At the time of taking office, an elective officer must have been an active member of a Toastmasters club in good standing for the entire preceding 12 months, or has been a member for 12 consecutive months within that past three (3) years, in the District in which the officer shall serve. A member may only be a candidate for elective office in one (1) District at any given time. A member may only serve in one position within any District.
- At the time of taking office, the Division Director must have served at least six consecutive months as a member of a District Council.
- If possible, the Area Director should have served as a member of a District Council.
- To be nominated or elected, all candidates running for and/or holding office must sign the published by Toastmasters International, submit a completed Candidate Biography Form and photograph.